Oral Cancer Screening
Oral Cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it’s caught early. That’s why we perform an annual ViziLite exam, in combination with the conventional visual examination. ViziLite uses technology that has proven successful in identifying precancerous and cancerous abnormalities.
ViziLite helps your dentist identify oral lesions at their earliest stage of development. When premalignant lesions or early stage oral cancer is found, treatment is simplier, less invasive and more than 90% successful.
Are you at risk for oral cancer?
- Patients age 18-39 without lifestyle risk factor
- Sexually active (HPV 16/18)
- High Risk
- Patients age 40 and older without lifestyle risk factors
- Tobacco users (any age, any type)
- Patients age 40 and older with lifestyle risk factors (tobacco use/alcohol consumption)
- Patients with history of oral cancer
News you can’t ignore:
One American dies every hour from oral cancer.
The American Cancer Society estimates a 5.5% increase in new cases of oral cancer and a 1.5% increase in deaths associated with oral cancer. And if you think you aren’t at risk for oral cancer, think again: 25% of oral cancers occur in people who don’t smoke and have no other lifestyle risk factors. Virtually everyone is at risk for oral cancer. That’s why we recommend a simple, potentially lifesaving sceening exam: an annual ViziLite exam.